After April Fools’, the real launch started. Every team lead had written feedback related to at least one of the 6-pack behaviors on a postcard. These were then the first thing people saw when they arrived, ensuring everyone started the launch by receiving a positive affirmation. The bonus is that they now have a handy postcard with all of the behaviours they can learn and reference.
In addition, here are some further actions we took to launch and integrate the 6-pack:
- Visualized the 6-pack around our office with posters
- As part of launch week we enjoyed 6-pack cookies and had a slack channel dedicated to 6-pack related banter
- Added the 6-pack to Impraise, allowing people to give feedback
- Our team leads highlight positive 6-pack behaviors in our monthly all hands
- People send 6-pack related praise to their colleagues via Impraise
Thanks to our feedback culture I received some very positive feedback about the launch. The real success however will be reflected over time, with the aim that these behaviors become second nature to all Impraisers.
What Happens Next?
I am focused on integrating a recognition system in order to identify and reward those who are superstars when it comes to the 6-pack.
We talk about the 6-pack a lot in correspondence - especially from Operations and Leadership - and we’re integrating it in to our performance management process to ensure it’s embedded at our core. Next step is involving our recruiter and building it in to our onboarding process.
One thing is certain, although I am still developing the plan for the future of the 6-pack, I am motivated to not let it die and I gather energy from the enthusiasm of my peers!
Download our helpful Guide on How to Evolve Your Company Culture to develop what is right for your organization.