What should you choose for performance management
Keep in mind that the more mature your HR team becomes, the more organizational development projects you will take on. That includes goal setting, engagement surveys, real-time feedback, and more.
Understand your goals and needs
First and foremost, ask yourself what your goal is. Your HR team will always need some sort of an HRIS for admin-related tasks. It should be present, no question about that.
If you’re in the first HR maturity stage- setting up foundational processes, you might be able to get away with a tool like the G-suite when it comes to performance reviews. Having only an HRIS might be fine at this stage.
However, if your organization is growing and/or if your goals are to establish a real performance management process, you need to take into consideration how you can best set your people up for success.
Make a list of requirements
Before you start researching all the available solutions out there, based on your goals and needs and HR Maturity stage, think hard about what will fit you now and in the upcoming few years.
To create a strong performance management process and encourage true adoption for all organizational levels you will need a tool that:
- Offers the employee, the manager, and the admin an engaging experience
- Has UI that makes it a breeze to navigate from one feature to another
- Makes the life of the manager a lot easier by showing a complete overview of employee performance that goes beyond annual reviews (goal management, real-time feedback, etc.)
- Encourages adoption with seamless UX and streamlined workflow
- Gives HR admins control over the processes if needed
- Yet enables them to distribute ownership so they don’t have to troubleshoot or be involved at every step
- Has a dedicated support team ready to take you from step A-Z, help you with setting up, educate about best practices and quickly and efficiently troubleshoot if necessary
Choose the right tool
The right tool can make all of this possible in no time. Impraise is a dedicated performance management tool that offers users a complete overview of how an employee is doing in regards to performance reviews, 360, self-assessments, goals, real-time feedback and more.
It gets better. Most performance management tools offer ways to integrate with an HRIS. In Impraise’s case, you can enable an SFTP integration (short for Secure File Transfer Protocol).
With it, your HRIS will automatically create exports of your user-base and send them to Impraise's server where they will be uploaded to our database. This way, your user-base information (e.g. hierarchy chain, team placement, etc.) will be automatically updated on a regular basis, avoiding the change of human errors when updating it manually.
An HRIS serves a more admin-heavy purpose and it is a necessity. However, it is a bit of a myth that an all-in-one tool could do an excellent job of taking care of the admin tasks as well as efficiently support managers and employees in their development. That's simply because HRIS systems are not built to support the full-cycle of employee performance, development, and other related engagement processes.
If you would like to invest in growing your people alongside your business, however, you need to opt-in for a dedicated performance management tool and focus on adoption. Learn more about the powerful features of Impraise or directly get in touch with us so you can explore the platform during a private web demo and how we can support you through every single step of the way.